In this day and age it’s easier to find a Credit or Debit Card for yourself than actually finding a life partner. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, it’s simply because there are plenty of options when it comes to choosing the right card.
Plus, there’s no question of rejection unless your Credit Score happens to be poor. In any case, getting one is extremely easy since the application process is paperless, and once your application is submitted, you are likely to get your card before the next sunset.
Given that there are numerous cards out there with an almost infinite number of different features and benefits, you would certainly try and zero in on a card that has a direct impact on your lifestyle.
For instance, if you drive to work every day, you would prefer acquiring a Credit Card that has fuel surcharge benefits. Or, if you’re in the habit of shopping every weekend, you’re more likely to opt for a card that’s high on rewards.
Additional Reading: 5 Credit Cards To Help You Sink A Hole In One
In short, there’s a card out there for everyone. However, not all these cards are international cards. And what we mean by that is, only a few cards can be used for foreign transactions, which include swiping them outside the country or making online purchases on an International website without having to request the bank for these additional features.
Sure, most Credit and Debit Cards can be used abroad, but this can be done only after intimating your bank in advance about your potential trip/purchase. And if you don’t do so, these cards will simply not work. They’ll either throw up an error message or say ‘transaction declined’ when you try to swipe them. And that can be embarrassing!
Additional Reading: 8 Reasons Why Credit Cards are Declined
So, to save you from potential embarrassment, we decided to make a comprehensive list of international cards that don’t require pre-approvals so that you can have a hassle-free experience should you decide to take a trip abroad.
Additional Reading: Using Your Credit Card Overseas? Understand Your Charges!
Here’s a quick peek at the top 9 International Credit Cards listed on BankBazaar.com.
- 5% discount on base fare for domestic and international revenue tickets booked on www.jetairways.com /jetkonnect.com
- Priority Pass Membership costs USD 99X2 and the annual benefit on this is USD 198 (Rs. 9,900 per annum approximately)
- Travel Plus program covers Travel Insurance and lounge access to 8 lounges per year with enrolment fees of only Rs. 5,000 per annum.
- Travel Insurance covers lost baggage, delayed baggage, loss of passport, lost ticket and missed connection costs.
- Priority Pass Membership has an annual fee waiver of USD 99.
- With this membership you can enjoy access to over 600 VIP lounges at the world’s leading airports.
- This card provides complimentary Personal Air Accident Insurance cover up to Rs. 25 lakhs.
- This expansive travel Credit Card lets you enjoy facilities at over 600 hotels and resorts across 17 countries.
- Members of this card can halve their bills at over 800 hotel restaurants with up to 50% off on dining across Asia Pacific and 15% off on drinks in Asia.
- With this card you can enjoy early access to Accor Hotels global sales and promotions before they’re released to the public. This way you can save up to 50% on your hotel accommodation with Red Hot Rooms, plus 10% off on the ‘best unrestricted public rate of the day’ on any room type in any participating hotel across Asia Pacific.
- This premium Credit Card offers complimentary airport lounge access through Priority Pass membership, along with complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership. The complimentary Vistara silver membership comes with an additional 5 Kg baggage allowance, and priority airport check-in and boarding.
- The card has lowest foreign currency mark-up fee of just 2% on international transactions.
- With this Credit Card you get exclusive dining privileges that offer up to 15% discount and more on dining at all leading five-star hotels.
- The Regalia Credit Card has the best-in-class rewards programme. You can earn 4 reward points on retail purchases of Rs. 150, 8 reward points on every Rs. 150 spent on bookings made on airvistara.com and dining. Moreover, you can earn 20 points for every spend of Rs. 150 made with partner merchants like MakeMyTrip, Lifestyle stores, Snapdeal, Big Basket, Nilgiris and Easyday.
- The reward points can be redeemed through conversion of air miles of leading domestic and international airlines.
- The HDFC Diners Club Black Credit Card is a great International card because bookings such as air travel and hotels made on this card will get you 2X reward points when used on the Diners Club website.
- Reward points can be redeemed on bookings of both air tickets and hotel bookings. What’s more is that 1 reward point = Rs. 1.
- If you would like to redeem rewards for air miles you can go ahead and do so on JP Miles, Air India Miles and KrisFlyer Miles too. 1 reward point = 0.70 AirMile.
- You can also upgrade your International daily limit effortlessly through NetBanking.
- This card has the largest airport lounge program that gives you access to more than 650 lounges worldwide and more than 25 lounges across India.
- This card comes with an Air Accident Cover of Rs. 2 crore, emergency medical expenses cover of up to Rs. 50 lakhs, credit liability cover of up to Rs. 9 lakhs and Travel Insurance cover of up to Rs. 55,000 on baggage delay/loss (capped to USD 10 per hour restricted to 8 hours).
- The Diners Club Black Credit Card has the lowest foreign currency markup of 2%.
- The Citi Premier Miles Card is a great travel card for frequent flyers. It lets you earn miles on your spends, which you can redeem easily for flights, hotel stays and car rentals too.
- With this card you can earn 10 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on all airline transactions, and 10 Miles for every Rs. 100 spent on exclusive websites like PremiereMiles with select partners.
- This card gets you 10,000 Bonus Miles with your first spend of Rs. 1,000 or more within 60 days of Card issuance. You also get 3,000 Miles should you wish to renew your card.
- You can earn 10 Miles per Rs. 100 spent when you book flight tickets, hotels, and car rentals at dedicated PremiereMiles website. Moreover, you can earn 10 Miles per Rs. 100 spent on all airline transactions with any airline in the world.
- These Miles will NEVER expire.
State Bank Of India
- The SBI Platinum Card comes with a welcome e-Gift Voucher worth Rs. 3,000.
- You can get 5X reward points on dining, departmental stores, grocery and International spends.
- With this card you get a complimentary membership to the Elite Priority Pass program worth USD 99, and you can also enjoy complimentary lounge access to Visa lounges in India and abroad through the Visa Airport Lounge Access program.
- With this card you’ll get 20,000 reward points as welcome gift upon payment of your joining fee.
- You’ll also get complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program – Flying Returns.
- This card will let you enjoy International Airport Luxury Lounge Access to over 600 airport lounges with complimentary Priority Pass Program.
- Imagine getting one complimentary economy class ticket free as a welcome gift? Well, with this card your dream turns into reality.
- This card will give you complimentary Club Vistara Base membership.
- Upon achieving spend milestones you can get up to two Economy Class tickets free.
- This card is high on Insurance.With this card you get Air Accident Cover of up to Rs. 2.5 crore, Purchase Protection Cover up to Rs. 1 lakh, Lost Card Liability up to 100% of your credit limit, Loss of Travel Documents Cover up to USD 300 and Loss of Check-in baggage cover up to USD 500.
Additional Reading: Make Best Use Of Travel Deals And Airline Credit Cards
Now, that you’re aware of how an International Credit Card works, you should go through our vast list of other Credit Cards too.