We Indians love our credit cards, but we love saving even better. Every 5 rupees saved is a big deal.
Here are 12 ways we’ve all used at some point to save on travel.
1. Carry Lots of Food
There’s an entire bag of food for the entire family.
2. Sleep at the Train Station
Boriya bistar included. Who’s going to look for a nearby hotel, right?
3. Overeat at Complimentary Breakfast
Complimentary hai bhai! And it will tide you over the entire day.
4. Steal from the Hotel Room
The shampoo was meant for us to use. How does it matter when we use it?
5. Try to Pass off Kids as Younger
Discount toh chahiye hai. And half-ticket toh banta hai; as long as Chuntu doesn’t open his mouth.
Source: Eros Now/YouTube
Bargain ke bina chain nahi milta. Bargaining is our birth right!
Source: MakeMyTrip/Code Red Films
7. Drink a LOT on the Airplane
As long as we’re not paying for it. Ek do peg ka kya gham?
8. Pack Luggage to the Exact Limit
As long as we’re at the limit, who cares how full the suitcase is. We need our pickles!
9. Avoid Pay per use Loos
Pay to pee? No way. Not when there’s all these walls.
10. Put 5 People in a Room for Two with Extra Mattresses
We don’t mind cramped quarters; as long as we don’t have to book another room.
11. Claim Expenses to their Company
They did say we could claim travel expenses. Might as well claim this chai too.
12. Find other Indians to Share Transport with
In any other country, we’re all brothers and sisters. Especially if we’re saving money.
With all the money you’ve saved after your big Indian trip, your savings account must be really happy!