Design Credits: Rakesh Mohan
Are you an individual who wants to travel overseas? Are you frustrated with the time and effort needed to apply for a visa? You are certainly not alone. The visa application process for most countries can take some effort and you also need to think about the visa fees. But, do not worry as you can still travel abroad without going through the hassle of applying for a visa. Go ahead and utilize the accumulated air miles on your Credit Card to book your tickets and travel to a country that offers visa exemption to Indians.
Here are 5 beautiful countries that Indians can visit without a visa:
- Indonesia – It is the largest archipelago on the planet and is a melting pot of various eastern cultures. Indian citizens are eligible for a tourist visa exemption for a period of 30 days. You will need to produce your passport at the immigration department at the airport and get it stamped. The visa waiver can be availed at land crossings, seaports and airports. The beaches in Indonesia are some of the best in the world and it is also an ideal destination for surfing, scuba diving and other marine activities.
- Bhutan – This landlocked country is one of the last remaining Buddhist Kingdoms in the world. If you want an ideal escape from the hustle and bustle of life in our country, this is the destination you should visit. Picturesque mountains, valleys, unique people and their vibrant culture, make it a must visit travel destination. As an Indian Citizen, you will not need a visa to visit Bhutan, but will need a special permit which can be obtained from the office of the Tourism Council of Bhutan. You can withdraw money in Rupees with your debit or credit card at many of the ATMs in Bhutan.
- Jamaica – It is a tropical paradise situated in the Caribbean. It is known for its beaches, colonial architecture, music and cuisine. You will not need to apply for a visa when traveling to Jamaica but you should hold an Indian Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months. You will also need to have a return ticket and sufficient funds at your disposal to support your stay in the country. Some of the activities that you can enjoy in Jamaica include swimming, hiking, fishing, camping, snorkelling, golfing, horseback riding, backpacking, jet skiing, kite surfing, scuba diving etc.
- Mauritius – It is an island nation situated in the Indian Ocean and is regarded as one of the tropical paradises of our planet. Apart from spending time at its beautiful beaches, you can also indulge in a variety of adventurous activities such as scuba diving, deep sea fishing, horse racing etc., when you visit Mauritius. You will not need to apply for a visa when visiting the country if you hold an Indian Passport. Mauritius has a dedicated Tourist Police Service that is tasked with looking after the safety and wellbeing of the tourists criss-crossing the country.
- Ecuador – This South American country is home to beautiful beaches and forests and is regarded as one of the most bio-diverse places on the planet. It is also home to many UNESCO World Heritage Sites and the famous Galapagos Islands that inspired Charles Darwin’s Theory of Evolution. Citizens of most countries, including India, enjoy a visa exemption when visiting Ecuador. The country is regarded as safe for travellers and commuting from one destination to the next is quite convenient as well.
Additional Reading: Want Peace Of Mind? Get Travel Insurance
Finally, don’t forget to opt for a comprehensive travel insurance policy before going on a vacation to any of these countries. The joys of travel are enhanced multifold when your safety and convenience, alongside that of your family, is assured.