With our handy guide to the procedure for making Life Insurance claims, we’ll make things easier for you. You’ll be relieved to know that insurance companies have made claims processes much easier to help victims of floods. This guide includes all the information you may need including lists of documents required, claims procedures of various insurance providers and helpline numbers that you can contact for assistance.
General Practice Procedure for Life Insurance Death Claims
The claim intimation should contain the following information:
- Date, place, and cause of death.
The insurance company will respond to this intimation and will request the following documents:
- Completed Claim Form (provided by the insurance company)
- Death Certificate
- Policy Document
- Deeds of assignments/ reassignments, if any
- Legal evidence of title, if the policy is not assigned or nominated
- Form of Discharge, executed and witnessed
The other documents that could be required as applicable are:
- Medical attendant’s certificate
- Hospital certificate
- Employer’s certificate
- Police inquest report
- Post-mortem report
These are a few concessions made by Insurance companies.
- Written intimation from the claimant (Nominee) and the policy bond (if available) or claim form.
- Original death certificate from municipal corporation or post-mortem report attested by the concerned officials, along with FIR copy attested by the Jurisdictional Police Station.
- If none of these documents are available, the death list published by hospital/police station/local newspaper/armed forces involved in the rescue operations can be provided.
- Photo identity (KYC) document of the claimant, along with duly filled claims form with bank account details.
- Some companies may also ask for the photograph of the deceased.
Here’s are the details of various Life Insurers.
|Company Name||Toll Free No||Email Id / Website|
|Birla Sun Life||1800-270-7000
|Canara HSBC||1800-103-0003/1800-180-0003 (MTNL/BSNL)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Claims Helpdesk: 0124 – 4697072
|India First Lifeemail@example.com|
|Max Life||1800 200 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Star Union Daichi||1800 266 8833 / email@example.com|