The Maternity Benefit Act of 1961 was recently amended on the 9th of March, 2017. The new Maternity Benefit Act brought in a bunch of employee-friendly features, which made women across the country grin from ear to ear.
Let’s take a look at some of the new features that organisations with more than 10 employees are entitled to:
- For starters, every employer has to mandatorily inform their women employees about the maternity benefits available to them (either through writing or electronically) at the time of joining
- Women employees are entitled to 26 weeks of maternity leave for their first two children. Previously, they were allowed only 12 weeks of maternity leave
- For women having their third child, the maternity leave duration will be 12 weeks
- Commissioning mothers and adoptive mothers (the child shouldn’t be older than three months) are entitled to 12 weeks of maternity leave
- After their maternity leave, women employees can opt to work from home and their employers are entitled to permit them to do so
- Employers should provide crèche facilities within a reasonable distance to their women employees
Additional Reading: The New Maternity Bill: A Major Boost To Indian Working Women
At BankBazaar, we already have a fantastic maternity leave policy in place. In fact, we’ve just made it even better by tying up with crèche facilitators near our offices to further support our women employees.
Here’s all you need to know about our maternity leave policy:
New Addition – Crèche Facility
It can be a bit of a struggle for most new moms to manage their career and life at home post maternity. We wanted to ease this struggle for our women employees, so we have partnered with crèche facilitators near our offices to help our working moms tend to their new-borns whenever needed. Plus, they also offer discounted rates for our employees.
Increased Paid Maternity Leave
We also provide 26 weeks of paid maternity leave to all our women employees. Of course, we were one of the first companies in the country to implement this ‘increased duration maternity leave’.
Additional Reading: How To Plan Financially For Maternity Leave
Work From Home Option
We understand that it is quite difficult for would-be mothers to travel to office every day, especially with the terrible condition of the roads. So, our expecting employees are allowed to work from their homes whenever it is possible.
We also provide back-rest and foot-rest accessories at all our offices to give our expecting employees a comfortable environment to work in during their pregnancy period.
Extra Break For Customer Support Employees
We understand that it is a difficult task to sit in a chair and respond to calls all day, especially when you’re pregnant. So, we’re providing all to-be-mothers in our Customer Support department with an additional 30-minute break during the day and an extra day off every week.
To-be-dads can rejoice too! We provide 10 working days of paid paternity leave, which can be availed after the birth of your child and within three months from the birth date.
Bonus Read: Monday blues? Sorry, I don’t understand.
We have many awesome policies in place that makes BankBazaar a great organisation to work. If you feel you could be a perfect fit, you should totally check out the job openings.