Have you heard about Rewards Credit Cards? No? Stop whatever you are doing and gift yourself this little piece of heaven now! Not sure if they are the right ones for you? Worry not! Here is all the information that you will need.
Rewards Credit Cards are in a league of their own. They don’t just enhance your buying experience; they actually go a step ahead and make your journey worthwhile by filling your wallet with cashback and bonus points every time you make a purchase. With these special cards, you can literally earn millions of points every year.
What’s more fascinating is the fact that these reward points are not just fancy numbers. You can redeem them to buy new stuff at practically zero extra cost.
And, for most people, that works like magic.
For the uninitiated, Rewards Credit Cards fall in either of these categories:
Additional Reading: 5 Popular Credit Cards Of 2019 You Must Have
This feature gifts you reward points for spending on special categories. For instance, with co-branded fuel Credit Cards, you can earn bonus points for every fuel transaction that you make.
Hit the big milestones to get huge reward points. More than anything else, chasing these milestones has its own perks. Ask anybody who has walked this path and he’ll tell you what it feels like to be a part of this elite club.
This feature allows you to make the most of your daily spends. Be it grocery spends or online shopping, you get to enjoy reward points for every swipe you make.
Additional Reading: Recovering Credit Card Addict | What Not To Do
Who Can Apply?
Rewards Credit Cards are surprisingly easy to get. Just check your eligibility online, upload a few documents, and get it delivered to your doorstep.
The eligibility criteria vary from one card to another. Generally, there are three basic requirements that you need to fulfil.
- A regular source of income – The lender may ask for your bank statements for the last six months.
- Age – You need to be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Credit Score – A Credit Score of 750+ can minimise the chances of rejection.
All set? Let’s take a sneak peek at some of the most exciting Rewards Credit Cards in the market today.
Additional Reading: 6 Credit Cards For Free Lounge Access
HSBC Smart Value Card
This Card comes packed with such jaw-dropping features that it can make your heart skip a beat.
- Interest rate of 10.99% p.a on EMI products for the first 90 days
- 10% cashback on all spends for the first 60 days
- 1+1 offer on BookMyShow once every month
YES Prosperity Reward Plus Card
If you love spending mega-bucks, you are destined to meet this Credit Card.
- 12,000 bonus points on spends of 3.6 lakhs
- Lifetime validity of reward points
- Fuel-surcharge waiver on fuel transactions between 400 and 5,000
Citi Cashback Card
Love cashbacks? You wouldn’t want to spend a minute without this Credit Card.
- EMI privileges on shopping, consumer electronics
- 5% cashback on movie ticket purchases, telephone bill payment and utility bill payments
- 15% off on dining across 2,000 partner restaurants
All set to get your first Rewards Credit Card? Perfect! Here you go.