Singapore has long been a popular tourist destination for Indians. And with the increase in the number of tourists flocking to this beautiful island city-state, the visa process has been simplified to accommodate this surge in tourism.
Today, Indian passport holders can get a Singaporean tourist visa without any hassles. We’ll tell you how to go about it in this article.
Many foreign countries allow tourists to visit their country only if they have a travel visa. You can apply for a tourist visa either online or on paper. E-visa has made the entire process of getting a visit visa easy for travel addicts. It is similar to a regular visa, but you can easily apply for one via the government website of the country that you intend to visit.
Once your application gets approved, the travel department of the country you intend to visit will email you the link to your travel e-visa, which you can download and present at the time of entry. Pretty simple, isn’t it?
Additional Reading: Travel Budgeting 101
Remember, visa on arrival is not available for Indians visiting Singapore. But, don’t you worry! If you’re looking to visit Singapore anytime soon, we’ve got all the details on how to get the visa easily.
Keep the below pointers in your mind before you apply for a Singapore tourist visa:
- For Indian passport holders, the maximum duration of stay allowed with a tourist visa is 30 days. This visa usually comes with a validity of 2 years. You can extend the validity of your visa by paying a nominal fee.
- This visa will be a multiple entry one. So, you can make multiple visits to Singapore until the visa expires. No need to apply for a new visa every time you visit.
- Your passport should be valid for at least 6 months from the date you plan to visit Singapore. This actually applies to other countries as well.
- Ensure that you have sufficient money in your account for your stay in Singapore.
- You will also need to present your confirmed return flight ticket while applying for the visa.
A tourist visa alone will not guarantee entry into Singapore. As mentioned in the pointers above, a valid passport, confirmed return flight ticket, and proof that you have enough money to last your entire stay in Singapore is a must.
Additional Reading: Financing Your Travel – The Smart Way
How to apply
Unfortunately, you cannot apply for your tourist visa in person. The office of the High Commission of Singapore doesn’t accept walk-in applications anymore. So, the only way to apply for a Singapore tourist visa is via online means. Although you can expect quick results when applying online, you should apply for your visa at least a month before your trip.
The application process is quite simple. As an applicant, all you have to do is fill Form 14A, which is available on the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) website for free.
If you’re too lazy to go online and type out details, you can seek assistance from an authorised agent to submit your visa application. Or, if you have any local contacts in Singapore, they can apply on your behalf using their Sing Pass account through Submission of Application for Visa Electronically (SAVE).
You can check the status of your visa application on the ICA website by entering your application reference and travel document numbers.
Once your visa application is approved, you’ll get an email with your e-visa attached. Download and present it while entering Singapore, and keep it safe throughout the trip.
Additional Reading: Top 7 Island Destinations To Head To In 2017
What about the cost?
If you’re directly applying via the ICA website, your Singapore visa is likely to cost you S$30, which is non-refundable. Payment can be made through a Visa or MasterCard Credit Card or Debit Card. Although the fee is the same as the fee mentioned above, it can be changed at the discretion of the ICA.
If you’re going through an authorised agent, you will probably be charged an additional service charge of Rs. 300.
What documents are necessary for the visa application?
- A filled-up Form 14A
- Valid passport (with at least 6 months validity left)
- Passport photos (recent)
- Relevant documents – letter of introduction, letter of guarantee from the shipping agent, employment letter, company invitation letter, residential proof, in-principal approval letter, etc. Keep any document that applies to your situation handy
While getting your passport-sized photos, follow the below guidelines:
- Photos should be in colour. No borders. Size – 35 mm wide and 45 mm high
- You entire face should be visible in the photograph
- Avoid wearing headgear unless there is a valid racial/religious reason. In such cases, ensure that the headgear doesn’t cover your facial features
- The background should be plain white and the photo should have either a matte or a semi-matte finish
- No submitting scanned photos or unclear photos in your application
Finally, if any of your documents are in Hindi, please make sure you convert them into English before you apply for a Singapore visa.
Additional Reading: Why You Should Never Go On Vacation Without Travel Insurance
How long does it take for your visa to be approved?
Usually, your Singapore tourist visa application will be processed within 1 working day after you submit your application either online or to an authorised agent. Remember, a working day in this case doesn’t include the day you submitted your application, weekends and public holidays.
Additional Reading: 5 Beautiful Countries Indians Can Visit Without A Visa
Now that you know how to get your Singapore tourist visa easily, you can finally turn your Singapore dream into a reality.
For example, the HDFC Regalia Credit Card comes with a low Forex fee of 2% as well as other great travel-related features such as additional baggage allowance and priority check-in.
Check if you’re eligible for this card or any of the other great travel Credit Cards and save big on your trip to Singapore.