Sunburn 2015 on your mind? Here’s how a Credit Card can help you!
This is one of the most important events of your life. You block your calendar, tighten your belt and wait for D-day with bated breath. No, we aren’t talking about your wedding! Sunburn – India’s biggest music festival held in Goa every year in the last week of December.
Sunburn Goa returns for its 9th edition this December and it’s bigger than ever with artists like Martin Garrix, Dimitri Vegas and Hardwell taking the stage. 4 days of unadulterated fun, good music, amazing food on the sandy shores of Goa can get anyone daydreaming. Sounds about perfect, doesn’t it?
Yes, it would’ve been perfect if Sunburn was a gift to us from Santa. Unfortunately, all the fun comes at a cost. Considering it’s India’s biggest music festival, it can sure burn a hole in your pocket. But that shouldn’t stop you. You can enjoy Sunburn (pun intended) at half the original cost. How? With the help of a magic plastic card a.k.a. your Credit Card. Perplexed? Don’t be.
How your Credit Card can take you to Sunburn!
1. Tickets- Sunburn tickets can cost a bomb when purchased at the venue. The best way to cut costs when it comes to purchasing tickets is to do it online. Use your Credit online as it is much cheaper than it is at the venue. You can get it even cheaper by redeeming your Credit Card points. Sunburn offers early bird tickets which can be purchased in advance by paying only 50% of the amount. You’re very welcome!
2. Travel Cards- Using travel cards will not only let you book tickets early but will also get you great discounts on flight tickets. Another alternative is going on a road trip to Goa. You can always enjoy the ‘0% fuel surcharge’ on Credit Cards every time you fill up the tank. Who doesn’t love road trips? We sure do!
3. Dining Cards- Sunburn is synonymous with good music, good adventures and amazing food! From seafood to the local fenny, it would be a shame if you didn’t get to relish the local cuisine when you are at the festival. Most of the banks have tie-ups with the finest restaurants around and using your Credit Cards here can get you a good discount on those grilled lobster tails!
4. Accommodation- After a hard day of partying, all you’ll want to do is hit the sack (unless you are still tripping on the lights). Accommodation costs shoot up during the festival season and it is advisable to book in advance. Online agencies have a wide range of discounts for people who pay for their accommodation beforehand. This will also ensure that you get the best places at a good price.
5. Convenience- Carrying cards is far better than carrying a bundle of cash everywhere. Do you really want to carry around a wallet stuffed with paper money at a music festival? Didn’t think so. Credit Cards are widely accepted at most outlets around the venue. For those places which don’t, you’ll always have the option of withdrawing from an ATM. Sounds good, no?
We sure hope this helps. See you at Sunburn!