A fuel Credit Card can fetch you lucrative discounts and cashbacks on your fuel spends. Here are 4 great fuel cards you can consider.
For vehicle-owners living in urban areas, fuel is one among the many necessities that end up eating into our monthly budgets. And sadly, as consumers, we don’t have any control over the price of fuel.
But we can surely lessen the impact of fuel costs on our pockets. You’re clearly wondering how, aren’t you? A Credit Card can help you ease on your fuel expenses, provided you get the right one.
A fuel Credit Card can fetch you lucrative discounts and cashbacks on your fuel spends, apart from a variety of other non-fuel related advantages. Check if you’re eligible for a fuel Credit Card now.
Additional Reading: 15 Awesome Credit Cards With No Paperwork
Features Of A Fuel Credit Card
We can expect these fuel-saver features from a Fuel Credit Card:
Fuel surcharge waiver – 1% to 2.5% fuel-surcharge waiver is another common feature of most fuel-oriented Credit Cards. However, there will be certain conditions that follow this benefit like a cap on monthly fuel spends, applicable only in certain fuel outlets, or applicable only if swiped using certain POS machines only, etc.
Redeem reward points for fuel – Some cards allow you to redeem your accumulated reward points for fuel. For instance, Citi IndianOil card lets you redeem points for fuel across IndianOil outlets, getting you up to 71 litres of free fuel in a year.
Watch this: Credit Card + Reward Points!
Some banks also run promos every now and then, giving customers an opportunity to earn lots of reward points and cashbacks on fuel spends.
Things To Remember Before You Apply For A Fuel Credit Card
The attractive fuel-saver features along with the other benefits that come with a Fuel Credit Card makes it a sensible option indeed. However, keep these in mind before you get one for yourself:
- Do you really spend a lot on fuel? If you use your vehicle just for weekend outings, then it really doesn’t make much sense to get a fuel Credit Card. You might as well look for a card which would make more sense to you – like a lifestyle card if you spend frequently on dining and entertainment, or a shopping card if you’re a shopaholic.
- Is the card that you’re eligible for accepted at all fuel outlets or the one that you frequently visit? And does it provide any advantages for using it at these outlets? A few cards available in the market are co-branded, so they may offer benefits only if they’re used at the particular brand’s outlets.
- Does the card offer discounts and cashbacks on other categories than fuel? After all, it doesn’t make sense if your Credit Card only lets you save on fuel, does it?
- General rules: Read the terms and conditions, learn about annual fees, ask about the interest rate and billing cycle and get a good idea about the reward points redemption process attached to your card.
Now that you’re aware of what to look for in a Fuel Credit Card, you’re all set to begin the hunt for one. To help you out a little, we’ve picked four Credit Cards that come with great fuel benefits along with other advantages. Check them out!
SBI SimplySAVE Credit Card
Pay for fuel with this card and avail 1% fuel-surcharge waiver (max Rs. 100 per month) for transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
- The annual fee is just Rs. 499 and will be waived if annual spends (in the previous year) exceed Rs. 90,000
- Up to 10x reward points on everyday spends such as grocery shopping, department store purchases, dining, and movies
- 2,000 bonus reward points on spending Rs. 2,000 within 60 days of card issuance
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
1% fuel-surcharge waiver on your monthly fuel spends.
- Great rewards on all your spends – 10 points for every domestic and international spend of Rs. 200
- Up to 15% off at select restaurants
- Complimentary access to select MasterCard lounges
- Complimentary insurance worth Rs. 2.55 crores
- For every spend of Rs. 2.5 lakhs and above, get vouchers worth Rs. 5,000
Kotak Royale Signature Credit Card
Fuel surcharge waiver is applicable on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000.
- Lots of travel benefits
- 4X points on travel, dining and international spends
- Complimentary lounge access
- Railway surcharge waiver applicable on transactions made via IRCTC website or through Indian Railways booking counters
- Get up to 30,000 reward points for annual retail spends that exceed Rs. 8 lakhs
IndianOil Citi Platinum Card
Get up to 71 litres of free fuel annually by redeeming your turbo points for fuel at 1,200+ authorised IndianOil outlets. Plus, you can earn 4 turbo points for every Rs. 150 you spent on fuel at authorised IndianOil outlets. Also, you can avail complete waiver of the 1% fuel-surcharge at authorised IndianOil outlets.
- Your turbo points will never expire. 1 turbo point = 1 Rupee
- Up to 15% savings at select restaurants
- This is a contactless Credit Card. So, you can just tap your card, instead of swiping, at accepting POS terminals for transactions up to Rs. 2,000. You don’t have to provide your PIN for such transactions. With contactless, payments are simple and quicker than before
- 2 turbo points for every Rs. 150 spent on groceries and at supermarkets
- An annual fee of Rs. 1,000 is applicable. However, this is waived if annual spends exceed Rs. 30,000
P.S. All the cards mentioned above come with an irresistible Amazon offer. Apply for any of these cards and get a Rs. 1,500 Amazon voucher on bank approval of your application. Hurry, it’s a limited period offer!
Not looking to save on fuel? Don’t worry. We have a Credit Card for whatever it is you’re looking to save on. Check them out pronto!