This year, get spoilt for choice with our vast range of Credit Cards. Here are the top 10 picks for 2018.
With the entire nation going paperless, it does appear that using cash to make payments these days is so 2013. Plastic money has made a comeback and has returned even more powerful than it used to be. Credit Cards are just one of the many paperless payment options these days in addition to Debit Cards and online wallets.
Almost every bank is associated with a Credit Card company. And with more Credit Card companies joining the bandwagon, the competition has become intense. Often, most card issuers offer a ton of benefits to their customers. The basic limited benefits are discounts on fees and interest rates. But it doesn’t end there anymore.
To make Credit Cards more enticing to customers, issuers have started offering a wide range of perks along with their cards to suit every individual. There are specialised cards under different categories such as fuel, travel, rewards and premium cards. Not just that, these cards are made to compliment one’s financial status and lifestyle too.
There are tailor-made Credit Cards to suit customers from different backgrounds and different income groups. Today one can find specialised cards for corporates, students, pensioners, farmers etc
Additional Reading: Credit Cards If You’re Earning Less Than Rs. 20,000 Per Month
We understand that with so many options at hand, the Credit Card industry can certainly be a confusing marketplace. And with card sponsors featuring reward points, cash back and other incentives, you may simply be drawn to these lucrative offers without paying any attention to some vital features like annual fees, joining fees, interest rates, grace periods etc.
Thus, to make your life simple we have put together a list of the best Credit Cards for 2018 to help you pick one that will suit you the best.
Additional Reading: How To Look For The Right Credit Card
|SI No||Name Of The Card||Card Features||What You’ll Love|
|1||Simply SAVE SBI Card||· 1st year fee of Rs. 499 is reversible on spending Rs. 75,000 in a year
· Earn 10X rewards on dining, grocery and movie spends
· Add-on cards available for family members
|· Get 2,000 points on spending Rs. 2,000 in the first 60 days.
· Get Rs. 100 off on cash withdrawal within 30 days
· No extra charge for easy bill facility to pay utility bills
|2||SBI Card Prime||· Earn 15 points for every Rs. 100 spent at preferred partner enterprises such as BigBasket and Reliance ventures
· Air Accident cover of Rs. 50 lakhs
· First-yearfee is Rs. 2,999
|· Complimentary membership of Club Vistara Silver
· 4 complimentary visits to international airport lounges under the priority pass program
|3||HDFC Bank MoneyBack Card||· First year fee is Rs. 500
· Earn 3X rewards on online purchases
· Avail up to 50 interest-free days
|· Redeem reward points as cash back. 100 reward points =Rs. 40
· Enjoy zero liability on stolen card reported
· First-year fee reversed upon spending Rs. 10,000 in the first 90 days
|4||HDFC Bank Diners ClubMiles Card||· Earn 1,000 reward points as a welcome gift
· Enjoy exclusive travel insurance cover benefits
· No fee for supplementary card
|· Air accident cover of Rs. 1 crore
· Travel insurance cover of up to Rs. 50,000 on baggage loss/delay
· Credit liability cover of up to Rs. 9 lakhs
|5||Jet Airways IndusInd Bank Voyage Visa Card||· No Joining fee
· 5% discount on base fare for domestic & international tickets booked on Jet Airways website
· Complimentary Priority Pass and access to 600+ lounges across the world
|· Enjoy joining bonus of 7500 JP Miles & a complimentary Jet Airways ticket
· Earn 2X rewards for spends on Jet Airways
· 1% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps across India
|6||IndusInd Bank Platinum Card||· Enjoy complete protection against fraud with the “total protect’ feature
· 1.5 reward points for every Rs. 150 spent
· Buy 1 get 1 movie ticket across multiple entertainment partners
|· No 1st year fee
· Enjoy access to more than 600 airport lounges across the globe
· Get 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver at all petrol pumps in India
|7||Kotak Royal Signature Credit Card||· Get 4X rewards on dining, travel and international spends
· Get a gift voucher from Amazon for Rs. 1,000 if the card is approved before Oct 2018 and all documents are submitted online
|· No first year joining fee
· Enjoy complimentary lounge access
· Fuel surcharge waiver applicable on transactions between Rs. 500 and Rs. 3,000
|8||Citi Cashback Card||· 5% cashback on transactions done on movies and utility payments through Citi Billpay
· 0.5% cashback on all other spends
|· Cashback earned gets credited on accumulation of Rs. 500
· Get an amazon gift voucher of Rs. 500 for all cards approved before Oct 2018
· 15% off on dining across multiple partner restaurants
|9||AXIS Bank Miles & More World Credit Card||· Get 5000 bonus miles upon joining
· Earn 3500 bonus miles annually
· Avail up to 55,000 miles during the first year
|· Avail 15% discount on all hotel bookings & car rentals
· Earn 20 miles for every Rs. 200 spent
|10||The American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card||· Enjoy cashback of up to Rs. 10,000 at MakeMyTrip.com
· Complimentary access to American Express Lounges
· Complimentary access to leading golf courses in India
|· EMI option available
· Enjoy privileges at Taj Hotels & Resorts and Oberoi Group of hotels & resorts
· Get special health & wellness benefits from Max Healthcare, Fortis Healthcare and Texas Healthcare
Remember that a Credit Card is a financial responsibility and needs to be used judiciously. Defaulting on a Credit Card repayment can land you in a lot of trouble in addition to financial debt. So, make wise choices and be diligent with your payments.
Now, with so many options out there with so many benefits, it would be a sin not to get a card for yourself, don’t you think? If you’re looking for a card then you’ve come to the right place. We’ll help you compare across different providers and apply for the one that suits you the best.