Banking giant, Citigroup is ready to play its part in the growth of Indian banking sector by continuing its concentration on microfinance and priority segments of the country such as financial inclusion and education sector, according to the bank’s CEO.
CEO Vikram Pandit said, “We have a strong franchise in India and are looking forward to being a part of India’s growth”.
He said, “From helping India’s top global corporations, to supporting the growth ambitions of its small and mid-sized enterprises, to helping individuals and households build their financial futures, we will play a major role in India’s economic future.”
He added, “We will continue to emphasise on microfinance and support India’s priorities, particularly in the areas of financial inclusion and financial education“.
Pandit also said, “Today we are following three core principles in Citi. First, we are focused on being a global bank. Second, we are focused on serving our client interests. And third, we are leading with our competitive strength”.
Get the best deals on loan offers
- PNB commences huge financial inclusion scheme
- Personal loan lender Andhra Bank launches its financial inclusion plan in full swing
- More articles
Latest posts by News Desk (see all)
- LIC Housing Finance Hikes Interest Rates - October 24, 2010
- SBI raised €750 million through bond issue - October 24, 2010
- BMW re-introduces X5 costing Rs 52.99 – Rs. 69.5 lakhs - September 22, 2010