Every employed individual, at some point or another needs to contact Employee Provident Fund Office (EPFO). The Employee Provident Fund is a government fund which is administered by the Employee Provident Fund Organization and comes under the jurisdiction of the labour ministry.
- The Employee Provident Fund helps all salaried individuals to save a portion of their monthly income. This is tax free and can be used till they reach retirement age.
- All employees have to contribute around 10-12% of their basic pay on a monthly basis towards their EPF account. Withdrawal is permitted under certain criteria when there is an urgent requirement for cash such as wedding expenses or a medical emergency.
- The employer also has to contribute towards the Employee Provident Fund.
- Employees who earn more than Rs. 15,000 per month are required to pay PF.
- The EPF has a variable rate of interest and at present, it’s about 8.7% per annum.
- You cannot withdraw your EPF while you are switching jobs and you need to transfer it to the new company by filling the required documents. You can only withdraw your PF amount in case you are unemployed for a stretch of minimum of three months or more.
In case you have specific questions or queries and need to visit your EPFO, it’s useful to have their contact details at hand.
Here’s a list of some important EPF offices which might help:
|Name of the City||EPF Office Details|
|Chennai||Address: No.37, Royapetteh High Rd,Azad Nagar, Royapettah,Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600014|
|Contact Number: 044 2813 2700|
|North Delhi||Office of Regional Office, Delhi NorthBhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,28, Community Centre,Wazirpur Industrial Area, Delhi-110052|
|Contact Number : 011-27376772Fax : 011-27376777|
|South Delhi||Office of Regional Office, Delhi SouthEPFO Complex, Plot No. 23, Sector-23,Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075|
|Contact Number : 011-28050759
Fax : 011-28050412
|Kolkata||Bhavishyanidhi Bhawan,DK Block, Sector-II, Salt Lake City, NearKarunamoyee Bus Stop,Kolkata, West Bengal 700091|
|Contact Number: 033 2358 6943|
|Mumbai||341,Bhavishya Nidhi Bhavan, Bandra East,Mumbai, Maharashtra 400051|
|Contact Number: 022 2647 4444|
|Pune||2nd and 3rd Floor, Pune Cantonment Board Building,Near Golibar Maidan, Camp,Pune, Maharashtra 411001|
|Contact Number: 020 2645 4231|
|Bangalore||Number 13, Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,Raja Ram Mohan Roy Road, Richmond Circle,Bengaluru, Karnataka 560025|
|Contact Number: 080 2223 0118|
|Ahmedabad||Bhavishya Nidhi BhavanIncome Tax Circle, Ashram Road,Ahmedabad – 380014|
|PRO : 079 – 27542084, 27542818, 27542087Contact Number : 079 – 27543770Fax : 079 – 27542301|
|Bhubaneshwar||Jan Path N, UNIT- 9,Bhubaneswar, Odisha 751022|
|Contact Number: 0870 246 1045|
|Chandigarh||SCO 4-7, Sector 17-D, Chandigarh, 160017|
|Contact Number: 0172-272 1835|
|Bharuch||2nd & 3rd Floor, Blue Chip Commercial Complex,Bharuch, Gujarat 392001|
|Contact Number: 02642 267 702|
Hope all this information comes in handy the next time you have a query about your EPF!